- RSS Channel Showcase 1147545
- RSS Channel Showcase 9485692
- RSS Channel Showcase 3270144
- RSS Channel Showcase 8201175
Articles on this Page
- 02/17/14--05:00: _Dear Sexual Abuse S...
- 04/21/14--19:25: _For When You Want t...
- 04/24/14--06:44: _Sex and Pornography...
- 07/01/14--06:12: _Why All The “Modest...
- 05/05/15--05:33: _To All The Mothers ...
- 10/20/15--10:37: _When God Gives You ...
- 01/28/16--12:25: _The Miracle of Pati...
- 05/17/17--08:33: _How Do You Begin th...
- 05/10/18--15:11: _Statement on Abuse ...
- 05/14/18--07:50: _A Letter to My Daug...
- 06/05/18--22:12: _Finding True Justic...
- 09/25/18--13:20: _Dear Dr. Christine ...
- 11/12/18--12:06: _Sexual Abuse Surviv...
- 02/17/14--05:00: Dear Sexual Abuse Survivor
- 04/24/14--06:44: Sex and Pornography Are Not the Enemies
- 07/01/14--06:12: Why All The “Modesty Conversations” Miss The Point
- 05/05/15--05:33: To All The Mothers Who Will Never Hold Their Babies on Mother’s Day
- 10/20/15--10:37: When God Gives You a Miracle
- 01/28/16--12:25: The Miracle of Patience: A Letter to Our First Child
- 05/17/17--08:33: How Do You Begin the End?
- 05/10/18--15:11: Statement on Abuse in the Church
- 05/14/18--07:50: A Letter to My Daughter on My Darkest, Brightest Night
- 06/05/18--22:12: Finding True Justice and True Grace in a #MeToo #ChurchToo Culture
Today, I am so thrilled to share a guest post from my friend Mary DeMuth. Mary and I met when I worked at Lake Pointe Church in Rockwall, Texas. People knew I was writing and thought it’d be cool for me to meet a real author, so Mary came in and we chatted. She sent […]
You try. You try and you try and you try to fit in. Everywhere you look, something or someone is telling you what you should be doing (so that you fit in). I say “(so that you fit in)” because it’s not overtly said… Especially in the church, Christian, faith-based world. Nobody would ever come right […]
Sex and pornography are not the enemies, but we are in a fight. A quick timeline, for those of you who might be new here. 1996: A youth pastor I trust sexually violates me. Also my first introduction to online pornography, which later becomes a compulsive behavior. (Compulsive sexual behaviors are not classified by the DSM […]
Last summer, the feeds in my various social media channels blew up with articles on modesty. How low is too low when it comes to necklines? One piece or two piece swimsuits (or, the generally-church-camp-approved tankini?) Spaghetti straps, tanks, or sleeveless? AND THE PLIGHT OF THE YOGA PANTS (oh, but it’s okay if your butt is […]
The post Why All The “Modesty Conversations” Miss The Point appeared first on Anne Marie Miller | Author & Speaker.
I never realized how weird Mother's Day is when you've lost a child; I always heard it, but I didn't understand. Now, in a poppy-seed-sized way, I do. So, if you are missing your own child, regardless of how or when he or she departed, know you are not alone, and I wish you the happiest of Mother's Day. Nothing will ever change the fact that you are a mother.
The post To All The Mothers Who Will Never Hold Their Babies on Mother’s Day appeared first on Anne Marie Miller | Author & Speaker.
Even if God has given me a miracle only for today, it is a miracle nonetheless..
Even if God has given me a miracle only for today, it is a miracle nonetheless.
Dearest One, Your conception was a miracle. Ten months after our first miscarriage, six months after our second, and one week after I was simultaneously searching for a surgeon to perform a radical hysterectomy while being prayed over by friends and strangers because of a debilitating condition that affected my fertility, you were conceived. It shouldn’t […]
The post The Miracle of Patience: A Letter to Our First Child appeared first on Anne Marie Miller.
This is my final post. It’s been a year or so since I took a break from the Interwebs–away from writing online, from traveling and speaking, from Tweeting and Facebooking and Snapchatting and the like. Pregnancy was such a lovely season, and truly a miracle. Our baby girl, Charlotte, was born perfectly happy and healthy […]
I only break my social media silence for very important things. With the spotlight on the SBC and abuses of all kinds, I can’t stay silent. People within the church and within the SBC have sexually and emotionally abused me and many I love. The cover-ups by the church and the SBC specifically further perpetuate […]
(Would you consider helping me pay for my hospital stay? You can do that here.) Dear Baby Girl, First, you’re not really much of a baby now, are you? I can’t believe you’re almost two years old. So big, yet so small. So fiercely loving even though you don’t even know how big of a […]
As we enter into this new climate of finding freedom from abuse that happened to us, let us not use this freedom as an opportunity to cause harm to others in the name of seeking justice.. As we enter into this new climate of finding freedom from abuse that happened to us, let us not use this freedom as an opportunity to cause harm to others in the name of seeking justice.
Dear Dr. Ford: As you look Brett Kavanaugh in the eyes on Thursday, I’m thinking of you. I’m a stranger to you, so it may not matter, but I’m proud of you for coming forward in such a high-stakes and public way. The entire country, maybe the entire world, is watching the hearing on Thursday […]
It has been over four months since Mark Aderholt, the man who sexually abused me in 1996 and 1997, when I was 16 years old, was arrested and charged with three felonies: two counts of Indecency with a Child–Sexual Contact and one count of Sexual Assault of a Child under the age of 17. This […]